Weekends at our house are for exploring! Being from Miami, Florida, the move to British Columbia is a whole new world for us! Mountains & hiking & snow…oh my! I like to pack our picnic basket, head out early, & come back in time for dinner. The only problem is, I usually have to get home from a long day of adventures & start cooking. That’s no fun! Until the Weekend Chili came along! Slow-cooked in the crock pot while we’re gone, & hot & ready by the time we get back! We especially love this hearty, protein-packed meal on cold & rainy days.
- 1 cup Total Vegetable Protein
- 1 can Organic Black Beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can Organic Pinto Beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 cup Chopped Carrots
- 1 cup Chopped Celery
- 4 Diced Tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Chopped Onions
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2-3 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Set your crock pot to the low setting.
- In a pan, sauté carrots, celery & onions in some of the vegetable broth.
- Place sautéed vegetables & remaining ingredients in crock pot. (Add more or less broth depending on your desired density.)
- Stir & cook on low for 6 hours.
- Top with vegan sour cream & chopped green onions & enjoy!
* Tip: Serve it over quinoa or as a taco filling!
Have a wonderful weekend & happy eating!