Every Sunday, I make a big pot of this hearty 3-bean veggie soup. I freeze it in small tupperware & eat it throughout the week. It’s especially delicious on chilly days…makes me feel warm & toasty! Mmmmmm…
– 10 cups Vegetable Broth
– 1 cup chopped Onion
– 1 1/2 cups chopped Carrots
– 1 1/2 cups chopped Celery
– 2 cups Sprouted Bean Trio (mix of lentils, adzuki, & mung beans)
– 1 tbsp minced Garlic
– 1/2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
– 1-2 Bay Leaves
– Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
– 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
– 3 small diced Tomatoes
– Sauté onions, carrots, & celery in a big pot using veggie broth.
– When the onions are translucent, add beans, broth, garlic, seasoning, & bay leaf.
– Cook on high until boiling & then lower heat to medium.
– Once beans are cooked, add tomato sauce & diced tomatoes. Stir. Add salt & pepper to taste. Cook on medium for another 15 minutes. (Add water or broth if needed for desired consistency)
– Enjoy with toasted garlic bread. Yum!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!